The lightest all-round 12-point strap-on steel crampon going.
Got to get up to get down. In winter, the ‘Dolomiti’ are a veritable vertical playground. The Salewa Alpinist Walk is a versatile, robust stainless steel strap-on crampon for technical ice climbing, mixed routes and general mountaineering. Its carbon steel, 3D section frame construction has a strong and light design and a front basket with soft binding to accommodate boots without a toe or heel welt. The horizontal front points provide reliable purchase and load transfer on steep ice and horizontal rock edges. In addition, they promote efficient forward movement with ergonomic roll-off. The overall geometry and semi-aggressive secondary points are engineered to provide a better grip on ice and in snow, while the extra mid-foot spikes offer additional security on icy ridges and verglas. In addition to the strong and light (795-gram) design, what really sets this universal crampon apart are its unique length-adjustable straps – no more loose ends! This important innovation significantly reduces the risk of stumbling. The flexing studded anti-balling plates, which seal the entire under surface minimize snow build-up. And with no tools required, this crampon is also easy to adjust in the field.
· Length-adjustable straps
· Minimized snow buildup thanks to flexing anti-balling plates which seal entire undersurface. Exchangeable
· Point geometry engineered to feature safe grip and effortless forward moving with ergonomic roll-off
· Horizontal front points
· Mid-foot extra spikes and spiked anti-balling plates for safe grip on ice ridges
· 3D section frame to provide sublime stiffness while remaining lightweight
· Size adjustment without any tools
· 3F-system soft binding
· Front binding fixed inside
Moutaineering boot size: 235 - 330 mm, Mondopoint
Weight: 805 g