The Goondie 2 Mesh is perfect for two walkers in warmer climates, or a solo walker who likes more space. The walls are mostly made of micromesh, maximising air flow and comfort, with short, 15-denier nylon walls to stop the wind blowing in your face. Two doors and two entrances eliminate ‘the scramble’, and both doors can be rolled back and secured for a full cross-breeze or to enjoy the view from your comfortable hideaway. The tapered rectangular shape reduces weight and dead space, and there are two generous vestibules for storage, which give protection even when the fly is open.
- Dome structure fits in even the smallest camp site while maximising usable space.
- Our tapered rectangular shape saves weight by eliminating obsolete space. (Set up with the foot end pointing into the prevailing wind for improved aerodynamic performance.)
- The generous interior gives enough room to sit up – ideal!
- Two vestibules and two entrances make access easy: there’s a door each.
- Two spacious vestibules easily store large-capacity bushwalking rucksacks, critically important in poor weather.
- DAC poles in a crossover design give an architecturally solid structure to ensure reliability in high winds and rough weather.
- We use DAC technical features to create a secure, reliable hold that’s quick to set up and pack down. (A DAC Ball Cap™ connects the inner and ridge pole, connected to the DAC SQ Ring™ sewn inside the fly.)
- The ridge pole is designed to overhang the bathtub floor, creating a protective alcove to stops drips from rolling off the fly into the tent.
- We choose DAC’s 9.6-millimetre diameter poles because they’re stronger than most while finding the sweet spot that balances weight, durability and strength.
- We’ve eliminated troublesome structural pole hubs to make a fundamentally stronger tent with easy set up and awesome reliability in the field.
- DAC twist-clip component allows quick and easy attachment of inners to poles. The clips are extremely tough and durable thanks to their flat shape and moulded construction, and can be clipped on or off with one hand.
- Fly: lightweight 7 D nylon.
- All ONE PLANET flies are seam sealed with tape in the factory so you don’t have to do it. The fabric has a sil/PU coating and a high water head, giving you protection in all conditions.
- The micromesh used in the Mesh inner provides maximum ventilation and protection from creepy crawlies.
- Short nylon walls on the inner give wind protection while lying down and resting up.
- The thick, robust and highly waterproof floor Is coated with polyether urethane (PeU): it doesn’t wet out and is extremely resistant to mould, mildew and hydrolysis.
- The single-piece floor doesn’t have a mid seam, removing a major water access point and improving durability.
- Colour-coded webbing used on the fly and inner encourages quick and efficient set up in any conditions. (The grey webbing on the inner matches the grey webbing at the head of the fly, while the footer is black.)
- Ventilation vents have steep access to allow air flow but not wind-driven rain. Leave them open for improved, hassle-free air flow.
- When you roll up the fly door a gutter is formed, naturally catching and channelling rain away from the tent entrance.
- ‘The Doorman’ is a flat loop sewn into the seam, used to hold the inner door open to make a bigger entrance. It’s red so it can be easily spotted, and it’s quick and easy to use, especially in cold conditions.
- Internal loops allow you to hang a clothes line or mesh loft from the ceiling.
- The torch pocket in the ceiling creates a handy, easy-to-access storage area.
- Guy lines and lightweight adjusters are simple and effective, with reflective rope and storage pockets to keep things neat and tidy.
- Fly and inner bagged separately for easy packing in your rucksack or sharing between pals
Intended use: bushwalking
Minimum Weight^: 1600g
Packaged Weight*: 1750g
^ minimum weight = Fly, Inner, Poles, 4 pegs, all guy ropes
* Packaged weight = All components
Capacity: two people
Fly material: Nylon 7 D ultralight: factory seam sealed nylon with 1200 mm water head and sil/PU coating
Wall material: micromesh and 15 D nylon skirt with DWR
Floor material: 70 D PeU-coated nylon with 10,000 mm water head
Floor configuration: single piece, tapered rectangular shape
Pitch versatility: yes (fly and inner, inner only, fly and footprint, inner and footprint)
Footprint available: yes, optional extra (ideal for occasional rocky/rough adventures)
Poles: DAC Featherlite 9.6 mm
Attachments between inner, pole and fly: DAC Twist-Clip, Ball Cap and SQ Ring
Pockets: Four pockets in side walls – two head, two foot, one torch pocket in the ceiling
Mesh loft compatible: Yes
Zips: #5 YKK dual slider
Pegs: 10 V style pegs
Collapsed pole length: 480 mm
Add-ons: hipbelt pocket, pack inserts, trash & treasure