THE BEST HELMET IS THE ONE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU ARE WEARING
Our New Ultra-light Hybrid Helmet With Minimal Pack Size And Excellent Ventilation
A climbing helmet should be light, comfortable, and well-fitting as well as provide reliable protection for the head from impacts and falling rocks. The Salathe from EDELRID fulfills all these requirements perfectly. And it is a complete featherweight. Weighing in at only 200 g, the Salathe is one of the lightest helmets on the market.
THE SALATHE COMBINES ULTRA-LIGHT COMFORT WITH OPTIMAL PROTECTION
This is made possible by the ultra-light hybrid construction. The outer shell, made of expanded polypropylene, absorbs impacts and guarantees a high level of shock resistance and dimensional stability. The upper part of the robust hard shell is made of ABS to provide even better protection from falling objects. The ergonomic, head-encompassing shape with a full head design, means the Salathe fits firmly without being too noticeable and the design ensures optimum side, front and rear impact protection.
To ensure maximum comfort, the Salathe has some outstanding details: large air vents ensure optimal ventilation on hot climbing days. The padding prevents pressure points and absorbs perspiration. The padding can be detached and washed.
The minimalist strap adjustment system ensures that the helmet sits securely on the head and reduces the weight and volume to a minimum. All types of headlamps can be quickly and safely attached to the helmet with two clips on the front and an elastic strap on the back.
· Ergonomic inner structure with removable, washable pads
· Ultralight EPP core (expanded polypropylene) for outstanding shock absorption and high dimensional stability
· Robust hard shell in the upper and front area for additional protection, e.g. in the case of rockfall
· Easily adjustable straps for a secure fit, minimal pack size, and excellent ventilation
· Head torch attachment with 2 clips at the front and an elasticated strap at the back
· Large ventilation openings for continuous air exchange and heat dissipation
Weight: 200 g
Certification: EN 12492
Head size: 50-58cm/52-62cm